Monday, January 14, 2008

The Good Shepherd

January 14, 2008

I take comfort in this thought today:

John 10:14-15
I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Jesus has tried for Himself all of the experiences through which he will ask me to pass; and He would not ask me to pass through them unless He was sure that they were not too difficult for me. This is the blessed life--not anxious to see far in front, nor fretting about the next step, nor eager to choose the path, nor burdened with responsibilities of the future, but quietly following behind the Shepherd, one step at a time. It is comforting to know that the Shepherd is always ahead of His sheep.

He is already in the tomorrows, and all of the tomorrows have to pass before Him before I can experience them.

2 comments:

Emily K said...

Thanks so much for sharing that wonderful thought. What a comforting reminder that He already knows what tomorrow holds, and that all we have to do is stay in His footprints.

Emily K said...

P.S. I posted your blog address on our Worship Facebook group. I hope you don't mind. If you do, I'll be happy to remove it.