Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 16, 2008

More Than Conquerors

I tend to forget how powerful God really is. Romans 8:37 says "In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." I usually just brush by this verse, but today I read about a legend of an ancient civilization that gave me a new perspective. The ancient Phrygians believed that every time they conquered an enemy, the victor absorbed the physical strength of his victim and added so much more to his personal strength and valor.
Could it be that every time I victoriously encounter a trial or temptation, my spiritual strength could be doubled? 2 Chron. 20:15 says," Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the enemy. For the battle is not yours but God's. Take up your positions and stand firm to see the deliverance the Lord will give you."
All I can say is...may the enemy be sorry for ever messing with me!

No comments: